Summer at CMFUMC - Our calendar is bursting with activities!
Life at most churches slows down a bit during the summer months, but not at CMFUMC. We have lots of activities planned, most of which are open to the entire Carrier Mills - Stonefort community. We hope that you'll make plans to join us as your schedule permits and that you'll also accept our invitation to worship with us on Sundays @ 9:30 am. Our contemporary worship service, The Rising, will resume in September.
- Women's Monday Evening Book Group - Begins July 13 @ 6:30 pm and continues weekly. Newcomers are always welcome. The selection is the inspiring book, Get Your Hopes Up! by Joyce Meyer. The group is facilitated by Deb Shreffler.
- Community Summer Fun Day for Kids 5 and Up - Friday, July 17 - 10 am to 2 pm @ CMFUMC. Waterslides, slip'n slide, game stations, lunch, and more.
- Community Pool Party - FREE - Sunday, July 19 - 7 to 9 pm @ Marion Swimming Pool. All ages are welcome! Slides, baby pool, and pool will all be open for those seeking a refreshing break from the heat. Wear swimsuits and bring your own towels. Bring money for concession stand.
- Beulah Intergenerational Holiness Camp and Mission Blitz - Friday, July 24 - Friday, July 31.
This spiritual retreat emphasizes the proclamation of scriptural holiness with age-specific programs for young children through older adults. Beulah Holiness Camp begins with the evening service at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, July 24, and ends with the final service on Friday, July 31. No meals will be served on Friday the 24th.
- WOW Parsonage English Evening - Sunday, August 2 - 4 pm @ The Parsonage. WOW Youth Fellowship members, friends and newcomers are invited to experience a relaxed late afternoon and evening of traditional British lawn sports (croquet, badminton and horseshoes) and refreshments (lemonade and tea). A lite supper will also be served. To give the event an authentic feel, don't forget to dress in white!
- Beulah Cabin Work Day - Monday, August 3 - 3 pm in Eldorado. This "fun" event is for adult volunteers and members of WOW Youth Fellowship. A car pool will leave from the church at 2:30 pm. Wear grubbies for painting. You can be sure there will be good fellowship ... and a few snacks!
- CMSF Christian Youth Choir Rehearsal - Saturday, August 8 - 5 pm @ CMFUMC. This choir is made-up of teens from area churches who are interested in singing at the upcoming Back to School Prayer Rally. There will be food and fellowship following practice.
- Baptized by Water & the Spirit - Community Outdoor Baptism Worship Service - Sunday, August 9 - 4 pm @ Trammel Pond in Stonefort. This special worship event is open to all residents in the Carrier Mills - Stonefort area. Those wishing to be baptized should wear modest, casual clothing and be prepared for full immersion. Those wishing to renew their baptismal vows are also encouraged to attend. If you already have a church home and would like to be baptized, please speak with your pastor prior to attending this service.
- Community Back to School Prayer Rally - Wednesday, August 12 - 6 pm @ CMFUMC. As we did last year, we, again, want to wrap our schools in prayer for the upcoming 2015 - 2016 school year. Students, families, faculty, staff, administrators, and community supporters are encouraged to attend this inspiring, interdenominational worship event filled with powerful prayers and amazing music. Pastors participating in the Prayer Rally will be Ryan Beck of First Baptist Church of Carrier Mills, Aaron Phelps of the Social Brethren Church of Carrier Mills, Keith Bunfill of Stonefort Missionary Baptist Church, Lee Graham of Little Chapel, Everett and Cindy Shaw, Carrier Mills Church of God, and Stav Irvin of Carrier Mills First United Methodist Church. A school supply drive is also part of this event. Click on the title above for additional information about the service and school supply drive as well as promotional materials.
- All Church Picnic - Sunday, September 13 - 5 pm @ The Maple Shelter in Harrisburg Park. Details will be posted as soon as they're available.