Late Summer & Early Fall at CMFUMC - Something for Everyone!
If a calendar full of worship, outreach, service and social events are signs that a church is truly spiritually alive, Carrier Mills First United Methodist Church is THRIVING! We welcome all who come through our doors with a warm hospitality rooted in traditions that go back to the ancient Hebrew texts. If you don't already have a church home, we invite you to join us in worship because it's never too late to come home to God's amazing, forgiving and healing love.
- Sunday, 9.13 - All Church Picnic @ 5 pm at The Maple Shelter in Harrisburg Township Park (located behind the pool) - 921 W Poplar St. Come prepared to have fun. Bring a side dish or dessert. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, drinks, and paper products will all be provided through the generosity of The Spirit and Young at Heart adult Sunday School classes.
- Thursday, 9.17 - Women's Thursday Morning Book Group returns after a summer hiatus. The group meets weekly from 10:30 am to Noon. Their newest slection is AHA(Awakening, Honest, Action): The God Moment that Changes Everything by Kyle Idelman. The group is facilitated by Chris King.
- Sunday, 9.20 - Third Sunday Food Pantry is open from 1 - 2 pm in Fellowship Hall. This outreach ministry serves our neighbors - individuals and families alike , who are experiencing a food crisis. (If you or your organization would like to make a donation to our food pantry ministry, please contact the church office at 618.994.2071.)
- Sunday, 9.20 - WOW Youth Fellowship kick-off. The teens meet Sundays from 5 - 6:30 pm throughout the school year. Supper is served at each gathering. Members enjoy a variety of activities, service projects, faith-based studies/discussions, and worship experiences.
- Sunday, 9.20 - First Kids kick-off. First Kids, our newest faith and fellowship group, is designed just for elementary school kids in grades 1 - 5. The group meets on Sundays from 5 - 6:30 pm throughout the school year. Supper is served weekly. There's lots of fun and laughter, along with activities and service projects that help nurture the spiritual development of each child.
- Saturday, 9.26 - WOW Sweet Inspirations Fundraiser from 10 am to 3 pm at the Saline Creek Pioneer Village & Museum in Harrisburg. Original, inspirational art made by the WOW teens and homebaked pumpkin and pecan pies, along with fresh from the oven cookies and brownies will be for sale. All proceeds will benefit WOW ministries and service projects. See you there!
- Saturday, 10.3 - American Red Cross Blood Drive in honor of Dana Parks @ 10 am. Your pint of blood can be a life-saving gift to someone in an accident, a person on an operating table or a cancer patient battling the ravages of their disease. There's no easier way to make a difference!
- Sunday, 10.11 - Church Charge Conference following worship. All members are invited to attend this commissioning of lay leaders for the coming year. Cache River District Superintendent Roger Russell will preside.
- Sunday, 10.11 - Church Family Movie Night. Details will be announced soon.
- Tuesday, 10.13 - Country Food Bar from 11 am - 1:30 pm in Fellowship Hall. Come and enjoy the tasty bounty, entres, salads and desserts, and the chance to catch-up with friends and neighbors. Suggested donations, although we'll happily accept more, are $8 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. Children 2 and under can dine for free. All funds raised will be used to support The Spirit Class ministries.
- Sunday, 10.18 - Third Sunday Food Pantry is open from 1 - 2 pm in Fellowship Hall. This outreach ministry serves our neighbors - individuals and families alike , who are experiencing a food crisis. (If you or your organization would like to make a donation to our food pantry ministry, please contact the church office at 618.994.2071.)
- Sunday, 10.18 - The Rising, a contemporary worship gathering, resumes @ 6:30 pm. This casual, multi-generational worship service offers great music and inspiring messages. If you're looking for a different type of worship experience, join us at The Rising each Sunday evening.
- Sunday, 10.25 - Homecoming Worship Service @ 9:30 am. We look forward welcoming visitors and former members at this worship celebration filled with song and special music. There will never be a better day to come home to God's love.
- Friday, 10.30 - Trunk or Treat from 6 - 8 pm. All the little ghosts, witches, super heroes, storybook characters, etc in the Carrier Mills - Stonefort area are invited to enjoy this holiday tradition. Treats and treasures will be handed-out from decorated cars parked in the church lot. Get into the spirit of the event and start planning your trunk design now!
- Sunday, 11.1 - United Methodist Women's Sunday & All Saints Sunday worship service @ 9:30 am. Reverend Deb Pollex, Chaplain of the United Methodist Children's Home in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, will deliver the message. Candles will be lit in remembrance of all of our loved ones and friends who entered into life eternal over the past year.
- Sunday, 11.8 - Veterans Sunday @ 9:30 am. During this worship service we will honor the service and sacrifices of those currently and formerly in the United States armed forces.
- Sunday, 11.15 - Third Sunday Food Pantry is open from 1 - 2 pm in Fellowship Hall. This outreach ministry serves our neighbors - individuals and families alike , who are experiencing a food crisis. (If you or your organization would like to make a donation to our food pantry ministry, please contact the church office at 618.994.2071.)
- Sunday, 11.22 - Thanksgiving Sunday @ 9:30 am. In message and song, we will give thanks for all the many blessings we've received individually and as congregation, community and nation over the past year. Following worship, we will enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal in Fellowship Hall.