Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, a forty day faith journey that ends in the joy of Easter morning. Traditionally, this is a time of inward reflection, repentance, forgiveness, and spiritual preparation for the Passion of the Christ and the Resurrection message that heals and frees. It is a time to give thoughtful consideration to what it really means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
We welcome all to join us as we journey together through Lent.
Jesus lived in close community with his disciples. They ate, slept, prayed, studied, laughed, and served together as he led his most devoted followers on travels throughout the hills of Judea. At each stop on their journeys they were often greated by throngs of men, women and children eager to learn more about God's unconditional love and how they could help establish God's Kingdom on Earth .
Our life as a congregation is much the same today. We worship, learn, pray, socialize and serve together as a community of believers. In our striving to try to live like Jesus in all aspects of our lives, within and outside the walls of the church, we often fall short, but we are confident in God's forgiving love and mercy.
We hope that you will accept this invitation to join the people of Carrier Mills First United Methodist Church on our 2016 Lenten Journey as we work to grow our faith through the practice of discipleship as Jesus taught us through his own words and actions, the stories he told, and the scripture he shared.
- 2016 Sermon Series: "Preparing for the Harvest: Living the Jesus Way." Each Sunday in February@ 9:30 am. In January, Reverend Stan Irvin began leading us in an exploration of what it truly means to live like Jesus, in accordance with all his teachings. The series continues through the end of February. If you're looking to grow your faith and live in a more intentional and meaningful way in 2016, this is one sermon series you definitely won't want to miss.
- Wednesday, 2.3 - SIS (Sisters in Spirit) Wednesday Night Women's Book Group meets @ 6 pm at the church to begin a six week Bible study, Move On: When Mercy Meets Your Mess by Vicki Courtney. The group is facilitated by Deb Shreffler.
- Thursday, 2.4 - Women's Thursday Morning Book Group meets @ 10:30 am at the church to begin a new selection: Just Like Jesus: Discover a Life Free From Guilt, Fear & Anxiety by Max Lucado. The group is open to all women in the community and newcomers are always welcome.
- Sunday, 3.20 - Palm Sunday.
- Thursday, 3.24 - Maundy Thursday Service @ 6:30 pm.
- Friday, 3.25 - Good Friday Worship @ 6:30 pm.
- Sunday, 3.27 - Easter Sunday Worship Services @ 8 am, 9:30 am, and 6:30 pm.